Unfortunately, a big part of my job entails stomaching the “information” Fox News produces. And while I’ve become much more numb to it the longer I do this, some days the level of ignorance from Fox News and their supporters still shocks me.
I found a perfect example of this in the comments section of the Fox News article concerning the meeting between President Obama and Pope Francis. You know, let me just list a few of the best. Though you can check them out here if you’d like.
- It’s so good to see the leader of the Catholic community getting along with the leader of the Islamic fundamentalist community.
- They found common ground … “their shared commitment to fighting poverty and income inequality.” … both of them believe that producers should provide as much for takers as the producers provide for themselves. A recipe for the destruction of human initiative.
- UNBELIEVABLE!! The President will even lie to the Pope!! He admires him? I doubt it!! Forcing taxpayers to pay Federal taxes that are being used for abortions and morning after pills and contraceptives? Trampling Christian values at every turn? No prayer in schools or government buildings?
- Pope needs to lose some weight. Christ had the physique of an fine athlete. Pope needs to represent Christ by losing half his body weight.
- Another photo op fpr :Lurch and Oblama. There is a very warm place with no virgins awaiting them upon their departure from this earth.
- These two have one thing in mind: Replacing God with themselves, and making you worship them. Both would do anything to be your God.
- Pope you must call on the 3rd and final Crusades against Islam! The entire world must end Islam in it’s entirety!
- Obama hates christians and especially catholics.
- “A great Admirerer of the Pontiff” There`s a lie! There is nothing Great about Obama. I bet Obama never heard of him til he became the Pope. Besides Obama has nothing nice to say about the Popes` Boss. He`s more into Allah as I can tell.
I’ll end it there. I could have honestly spent hours listing the nonsense I saw these people spew. The absolute ignorance of literally 98% of the people who were commenting on this article was astounding.
But there it is folks, the “intelligence” of your average conservative Fox News supporter.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Rick Wilson Excoriates Trump Supporter: ‘Don’t You Dare Talk About Respect’ (Video) - March 17, 2018
- Everything Facebook’s Doing to Combat Fake News is Only Making the Problem Worse - March 16, 2018
- Fox News’ The Five Advocates Committing War Crimes, Denies Waterboarding is Torture (Video) - March 15, 2018