Unless you’re a supporter of Donald Trump, odds are you’re probably pretty well aware of how awful he is. To this day it’s still mind-boggling to think of how gullible someone has to be to think this idiot is competent enough to be this nation’s leader.
Without a doubt, Trump is one of the most dishonest human beings I’ve ever seen. Unfortunately, even though practically nothing he says is true, that hasn’t stopped his supporters from thinking he’s an honest person. Though it’s not just that his supporters are naive enough to think they can trust anything he says, it’s that they’re so brainwashed they actually believe that anyone who debunks his never-ending stream of lies is part of a conspiracy against him and the truth.
In all my years following politics, I’ve never seen a situation where quoting someone verbatim, or showing indisputable audio/video evidence proving someone had said or done something, was no longer valid evidence to prove a point or debunk a lie.
unpresidented unprecedented dishonesty has unquestionably made fake news and conspiracies much more mainstream. In a desperate attempt to maintain their state of denial as to avoid realizing what a horrific human being he is, his supporters began seeking out fake news to validate their support of him. I’ve used video clips of things he’s said, or quoted him word-for-word, only to have his supporters either tell me I was using a “fake source” and he didn’t actually say that, or I was taking him out of context — by using his exact words.
In an ironic twist to all of this, what his supporters don’t realize is that by claiming that the truth about Donald Trump is either “fake,” a part of some conspiracy, or taken out of context, they’re actually proving exactly how terrible he is. When people like myself point out how he:
- Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals.
- Belittled POWs by saying he “likes people who weren’t captured.”
- Mocked a man with disabilities.
- Completely fabricated the story about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating 9/11 in the streets of New Jersey.
- Skipped a presidential debate because he couldn’t force a moderator out.
- Talked about the size of his penis during another debate.
- Suggested Ted Cruz’s father might have been involved with JFK’s assassination.
- Called Ted Cruz’s wife ugly.
- Used racism against a federal judge.
- Settled a lawsuit with the Department of Justice over racial discrimination.
- Was found guilty of using blatant racism against Native Americans.
- Said women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they integrated men and women in the military.
- Shared anti-African American propaganda created by white nationalists.
- Attacked a Gold Star family.
- Bragged about being a sexual predator.
- Told a 10-year-old he’d be dating her in 10 years.
- Said emotionally troubled women are great in bed when discussing 18-year-old Lindsey Lohan.
- Praised a country that attacked us.
- Told his millions of Twitter followers that former Senator Tom Coburn called Senator Ted Cruz “one of the most dishonest people in DC” when it was really me who said that about Cruz. (Yes, that really happened.)
When we say all of that (and much… much more) we’re not “twisting reality,” making up lies or concocting some sort of “conspiracy against him” — we’re citing indisputable facts about things he’s said and done.
Yet, despite every single thing on the list being absolutely true, most of his supporters will either deny these facts or make excuses for him.
But when they do that, even though they won’t admit it, all they’re really doing is proving what an absolute embarrassment it is that someone who’s as much of a lowlife as he is was elected president.
If he wasn’t as absolutely awful as people like myself know he is, then there wouldn’t be any need for his supporters to have to buy into outlandish conspiracies, believe fake news, or flat-out deny reality just to defend their support of Donald Trump.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- I’d Like to Address Rand Paul’s Absurd Comment on Donald Trump’s Racism (Video) - January 15, 2018
- Here’s Why I Couldn’t Care Less About Trump’s ‘Adult Film Star Scandal’ - January 13, 2018
- There is One Thing Trump’s Done For the Nation Which Progressives Should Thank Him For - January 13, 2018