At this point, there’s not even a shred of sane or rational logic anyone can use to defend Donald Trump. While I don’t feel sorry for those who continue to do so, I do pity the fact that there are millions of people who are so deplorable that, even after Friday’s stunning story where he more or less said he believes he has the right to sexually assault women, they still think he should be president.
If these comments don’t drive away a good chunk of his support (which time will tell if it will), then almost nothing is going to.
As Trump said a few months ago, most of his supporters really are mindless sheep who’ll support him no matter what.
However, at this point, if you’re still a supporter of Donald Trump, here’s what you really are: You’re someone who’s cemented your place in history as an individual who we’re all going to look back upon with disgust and shame because you were ignorant enough to support one of the worst presidential candidates in United States history.
This is a man who’s:
- Mocked a man with disabilities.
- Attacked the parents of a fallen American hero.
- Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.
- Lied about how much money he raised for veterans.
- Called a former Miss Universe “disgusting” and fat, telling his Twitter followers to find her non-existent sex tape.
- Accused an American-born federal judge of being unfit to do his job because of his Mexican heritage.
- Likely avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades.
- Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals, even though that’s not remotely factual.
- Lied about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11.
- Lied about getting a letter from the NFL complaining about the debate schedule.
- Tried to exploit the death of an African American woman in Chicago to say that’s why black voters will support him.
- Found the “bright side” to tragedies because his poll numbers tend to go up.
- Settled with the Department of Justice after his company was found guilty of racially discriminating against minorities.
- Has cheated on at least one wife.
- Was just discovered on video admitting that he not only tried to cheat on his current wife, but he attempted to do so with another married woman.
- Had his first wife publicly say that he did nothing when it came to raising their children until they were old enough to talk business.
- Tweeted that women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they mixed males and females together in the military.
- Said he wants to target the families of terrorists.
- Stated that he wants to ban an entire religion.
- Praised a Russian president who obviously hates the U.S. and Americans.
- Encouraged the Russian government to commit espionage against Americans.
- Insinuated that another Republican’s wife was ugly.
- Tried to implicate another Republican’s father in JFK’s assassination.
- Sought out the help of former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes after he was fired following multiple allegations that he had sexually harassed women for years.
- Made Breitbart’s Steve Bannon one of his top campaign people.
- Had a former campaign manager abruptly resign after a report came out linking him to pro-Russian groups that were directly trying to undermine U.S. policy in eastern Europe.
- Called Carly Fiornia ugly.
- Has said climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese — then denied saying it.
- Was a leading conspiracy theorist when it came to the racist-driven birther conspiracies against President Obama.
- Dismissed nearly eight years of accusing the president of not being an American with a less than 30 second statement where he didn’t apologize for any of it.
- Tried to blame Hillary Clinton for his racism.
- Re-tweeted anti-African American propaganda created by a white supremacy group.
- Played dumb about knowing who former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke was.
- Skipped a presidential debate because he was scared of a moderator.
- Has, on several occasions, suggested he finds his daughter attractive.
- Called a husband doing things like changing diapers and helping with the children, a man “trying to be the wife.”
- Has said he wants more countries to have nuclear weapons.
- Said he can’t release his tax returns because they’re currently being audited — even though the IRS said that’s a lie.
- Feels he has the right to sexually assault women.
One man has done all of that, and much more — the person these people support for president.
Look, I’m no mental health expert and I’m not involved in the medical field at all. But based on what I’ve read and can plainly see about Donald Trump, he exhibits nearly every characteristic linked to a sociopath. He:
- Doesn’t believe the rules or laws apply to him.
- Seems to have no concern about the consequences of his actions.
- Is impulsive.
- Shows frequent signs of being reckless.
- Is unpredictable.
- Lacks morals.
- Is a narcissist.
- Has proven to be hot-tempered and a bit of a loose cannon.
- Lacks empathy or sympathy for others.
- Is manipulative to get what he wants.
- Almost never apologizes.
- Often invents outrageous lies about his success or experiences.
- Seems to believe that what he says is the truth, even if it isn’t.
He is essentially the textbook definition of a sociopath. However, despite the fact that he exhibits all of these signs without shame, millions of people support him.
So, at this point, after all that Donald Trump has said and done, if you still support him, you’ve done nothing more than carved out your place in U.S. history as someone we will all look back upon with disgust and humiliation that there were so many people like you who eagerly supported one of the most shameful embarrassments in United States history.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- 5 Sad Reasons Why It’s Pointless to Try to Reason with Trump Supporters - September 17, 2017
- Addressing Bernie Sanders’ Recent Comments About the State of the Democratic Party - September 17, 2017
- CBO Report Confirms My Biggest Fear About Trump’s Sabotage of Obamacare - September 17, 2017