You know Donald Trump’s administration has gone completely off the rails when one of the most unhinged (and possibly craziest) governors in the entire country, Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R), sounds rational and sane by comparison.
After WVOM’s Ric Tyler mentioned Trump’s stance (as well as some other Republicans) concerning letting Obamacare “explode” because it’s “unsustainable,” LePage had some rather choice words for those who’ve taken that childish stance.
“Oh yeah, yeah, so let’s keep hurting the American people,” LePage said. “That’s about as sensible as ‘Go jump off a bridge.’ That makes no sense. You’re telling people, ‘Let it fail so the American people can get hurt more and when they get hurt more maybe we’ll do something.’ Why don’t you go jump off a bridge? That’s just about as sensible.”
Keep in mind that LePage is someone who once:
- Held meetings eight different times with known domestic terrorist groups.
- Said that President Obama “hates white people.”
- Stated a Democratic state senator gives it to the people “without providing Vaseline.”
- Vetoed a bill that would have helped save the lives of addicts who were overdosing.
- Pushed to loosen child labor laws.
- Called a Democratic state senator and left a profanity-laced voicemail message.
- Said that African American drug dealers were impregnating “white girls.”
That’s the guy who essentially just said that Trump’s temper tantrum over the failure of Trumpcare is idiotic.
Then again, compared to what we’ve seen from Trump, unfortunately, someone like LePage seems fairly “normal” — though he most definitely isn’t. That’s why I’ve implored people do to their best, no matter how ridiculous Trump’s circus becomes, to not let his brand of insanity desensitize us by becoming the “new normal.” There are many things I fear about Trump, but his mental instability making still very crazy things seem “normal” is right near the top of my list.
While I’m clearly not a fan of Maine’s governor, what he said couldn’t be more accurate. If Trump truly believes that “Obamacare isn’t sustainable” (though I’m almost certain he has no idea), then it’s inexcusable for someone in his position to take the stance that, because he couldn’t bully through Trumpcare, he’s just going to sit back and let our current law “explode.”
It’s this kind of mindset (along with many other things) that make Trump completely unfit to be this country’s leader. Someone in his position cannot “grab their ball and go home” because they didn’t get their way — that’s not how governing works. Heck, that’s not even how true leadership works.
But that’s the problem when tens of millions of brainwashed Americans vote for an immature, narcissistic arrogant man-child who’s proven time and time again that he’s not emotionally stable, has the temperament of a petulant child, and will always put his ego ahead of everyone else.
Every. Single. Time.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017