Believe it or not, Republicans are still “investigating” the 2012 Benghazi attack. I would say I’m “shocked,” but I actually predicted back in 2013 after they failed to link it to President Obama that they would go to extraordinary lengths to keep this nonsense going until 2016, hoping to use it against Hillary Clinton.
Surprise, surprise – that is exactly what’s happened.
Even a year and a half ago when a Republican-led investigation concluded that there was no wrongdoing – GOP leaders simply ordered another investigation. This, of course, led to the now infamous 11-hour grilling Clinton withstood last October where all Republicans really did was make her look very presidential. Even many within the conservative media said Clinton walked away from that stunt looking stronger than ever.
Then I was absolutely “stunned” – stunned I say – when Republicans announced last year that they didn’t expect to release their “findings” until sometime a bit closer to the 2016 presidential election. I’m sure nobody saw that coming. Well, except for every rational person who’s known from the beginning that this Benghazi propaganda coming from Republicans has been nothing but their way to try to hurt Clinton’s chances in 2016.
Well, another bit of a “bombshell” came out on Monday when it was reported that former three-star Lt. Gen. Dana K. Chipman, who was specifically picked by Republicans to investigate this, concluded that there was nothing that could have been done differently to have changed or altered the outcome of the attack.
As reported by Right Wing Watch:
While interviewing former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta in January, the then-chief counsel acknowledged, “I think you ordered exactly the right forces to move out and to head toward a position where they could reinforce what was occurring in Benghazi or in Tripoli or elsewhere in the region. And, sir, I don’t disagree with the actions you took, the recommendations you made, and the decisions you directed.” (Emphasis added)
Later in the interview he told Panetta, “And again, sir, I don’t mean to suggest that anything could have been done differently to affect the outcome in Benghazi, and I think you would agree with that.”
This shouldn’t really be “news” considering every single “investigation” that’s been conducted on Benghazi has essentially concluded the same exact thing.
For a while the question I’ve been asking is when do we launch an investigation into the Republican party over this complete and total waste of taxpayer money? They have literally wasted millions of dollars on what’s been nothing more than a very elaborate political stunt aimed at trying to slander the person who most people believed is going to be the Democratic nominee for president in 2016.
Not only that, but Republicans have blatantly exploited and politicized this tragedy and the deaths of these people, all for political purposes.
While I’m sure it won’t happen, I really do believe that once this circus is wrapped up there needs to be an investigation into the GOP and everything that went into wasting so much time and money exploiting a deadly tragedy all for the sake of a petty, partisan political witch hunt.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Dear Donald Trump: It’s Absolutely None of Your Damn Business What the NFL Does - October 19, 2017
- Bill O’Reilly Tries Trolling Jake Tapper On Twitter, Gets Crushed by the CNN Host - October 19, 2017
- Here’s an Appalling List of All the Times Trump’s Disrespected Our Military and Veterans - October 18, 2017