Think about it. Both of these groups of people live their lives based on hand-picked sections of their religious books. Neither follows every rule written inside because it’s essentially impossible to do so. Even within each of these faiths there are many denominations created by humans who basically interpret parts of each of these books by how they feel they should be followed.
They both believe that they’re right and everyone else will surely burn in hell. They both tend to want to force their views on others – even if those others don’t agree with what they believe in. Each of these groups, if they had their way, would have theocratic governments based on their religions.
Both right-wing Christians and Islamic radicals feel women should be subservient to men, abortion is murder and homosexuality is an abomination and should be illegal. They both believe education should be based on faith instead of science. Neither group supports contraceptives.
They’re both completely intolerant of those who believe differently than they do and only believe that their religion should be given autonomy from lawful persecution while other beliefs should be oppressed.
And while many terrorist organizations are linked to radical Islamic fundamentalists, right-wing “Christian” radicals frequently brag about their arsenal of weapons and willingness to “rise up against” the federal government if they should ever feel inclined to do so. In fact, it’s only our more advanced system of government (and the fact that we’re in a modern society) which has kept these right-wing radical “Christians” from behaving very similarly (if not almost exactly like) radical Islamic fundamentalists.
Hell, neither right-wing radical “Christians” or radical Islamic fundamentalists trust the American government at all.
Now granted, there are some differences, but isn’t the core of what each of these groups want essentially the same?
Because when I say that I know of a group of people who:
- Oppose equal rights for homosexuals.
- Don’t trust the United States government.
- Believe abortion is murder.
- Want a nation based on theocracy.
- Believe women should be subservient to men.
- Think our education system should be based on religion instead of science.
- Want to oppress the religious freedoms for every religion besides theirs.
- Oppose access to contraceptives.
- Aren’t opposed to a violent overthrow of the federal government.
I’m not talking about radical Islamic fundamentalists – I’m talking about the beliefs of millions of right-wing “Christians.”
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017