I’ve made no secret of my belief that I think GOP presidential frontrunner Ben Carson is mentally unhinged. I refer to him as an “idiot savant” for the fact he somehow managed to become a world-renowned brain surgeon – while seemingly being batshit crazy. That being said, his credentials are undeniable. He’s someone who holds a bachelors from Yale, his M.D. from the University of Michigan and was once considered one of the top neurosurgeons in the world.
Many of Ben Carson’s supporters point to his education as “proof” that he’s not crazy. Obviously, someone who graduated from Yale and Michigan couldn’t be mentally unstable, right?
Well, actually, yes they can. In fact, Ted Kaczynski (aka the Unabomber) comes to mind. Much like Carson, Kaczynski went to an Ivy League school (Harvard – graduating at the age of 20) then also went on to get his PhD from the University of Michigan.
Now, I’m not suggesting that Ben Carson is as dangerous or unhinged as Kaczynski, but I did want to illustrate that it is possible for someone to be both brilliant and crazy. The fact that these two have similar education backgrounds along with their disdain for “leftists” is just an interesting coincidence.
On that note, I wanted to have a little fun by playing a game where I list a few quotes and you all take a guess who said it, Ben Carson or the Unabomber. Let’s go ahead and get started:
1. “Those who are most sensitive about “politically incorrect” terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any “oppressed” group but come from privileged strata of society.”
2. “The leftist is anti-individualistic. He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his own ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs.”
3. “Here’s a nation, one of the founding pillars was freedom of speech and freedom of expression. And yet, we have imposed upon people restrictions on what they can say, on what they can think. And the media is the largest proponent of this, crucifying people who say things really quite innocently.”
4. “But what is leftism? During the first half of the 20th century leftism could have been practically identified with socialism. Today the movement is fragmented and it is not clear who can properly be called a leftist. When we speak of leftists in this article we have in mind mainly socialists, collectivists, “politically correct” types, feminists, gay and disability activists, animal rights activists and the like.”
5. “America is very much like Nazi Germany. You know, you had a government using its tools to intimidate the population. We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe.”
6. “This is a general pattern that you see before tyranny occurs. There are many countries where that has occurred where they disarm the populace before they impose their tyrannical rule. That’s not a rare situation and that’s something that we don’t want to ever even think about and that’s one of the reason that Daniel Webster said what he said. He said there will never be tyranny in the United States because the people are armed.”
7. “I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away.”
8. “By discrediting me personally, they hope to discredit my political ideas.”
9. “As for our constitutional rights, consider for example that of freedom of the press. We certainly don’t mean to knock that right; it is a very important tool for limiting concentration of political power and for keeping those who do have political power in line by publicly exposing any misbehavior on their part. But freedom of the press is of very little use to the average citizen as an individual. The mass media are mostly under the control of large organizations that are integrated into the system.”
10. “It is obvious that leftists are not cool-headed logicians systematically analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality.”
Alright, think you guessed them all correctly? Well, let’s find out:
3. Ben Carson
5. Ben Carson
6. Ben Carson
7. Ben Carson
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- 10 Stats and Facts You Can Use to Educate (or Infuriate) Trumpsters - December 15, 2017
- Sanders Crashes and Burns When Asked Simple Question About Diversity of Trump Administration (Video) - December 14, 2017
- I’d Like to Address Mike Huckabee’s Laughable Insistence that Women Should Admire His Daughter (Video) - December 14, 2017