For a few months now I’ve been doing a series titled 10 Questions Every Liberal Should Ask Every Republican. For those who don’t follow me, the premise is fairly simple. About once a month I come up with 10 questions I think liberals should attempt to get their Republican counterparts to answer.
Well I thought I’d do a “best of” edition to my “10 questions” series that combines some of the best questions from each article.
So in no particular order, let’s get started!
1) If Republicans are so fiscally responsible, why was President Eisenhower (in the 1950′s) the last Republican president to balance the budget?
2) If President Reagan was such a fiscally conservative hero, why did he quadruple our national debt during his eight years in the White House?
3) If our Founding Fathers wanted this nation to be based on Christianity, why don’t the words “Christian” or “Christianity” appear even once in our Constitution?
4) If our sexual orientation is a choice, can you explain to me when it was that you chose to be straight?
5) Do you enjoy weekends off? Paid vacation? Benefits? Holidays off? Safe working conditions? Overtime? Workers’ compensation? Sick leave? Then why do you oppose unions? They’re the reason why we have all of those things.
6) If universal background checks won’t slow down gun violence, then why do you think requiring an ID to vote will solve the almost non-existent cases of voter fraud?
7) If everything that’s still wrong with our economy is President Obama’s fault, why do most Republicans still keep a far distance from having anything to do with George W. Bush?
8) The wealthy are richer than they’ve ever been before, while the poor and middle class fall further and further behind, so when exactly does “trickle-down” economics start to work?
9) If more guns make us safer, and we have more guns than any other nation on the planet, why do we lead the world in gun violence?
10) Can you accurately predict, based on the “science” within the Bible, any event that will occur in the near future?
11) If supporting the Confederate flag is “just about history,” then couldn’t people say the same thing about the Nazi swastika?
12) Does it ever occur to you that the reason why your party says climate change is a hoax, opposes mass public transit systems and rallies against green energy is because none of those three things would benefit big oil?
13) If your party’s goal was to make Obama fail, and many of them have cheered any time he has faced failure or adversity, why would they have done anything up until now to help him succeed?
14) What freedoms have you lost since Obama became president?
15) If 30 “urban looking” African-Americans strolled into a predominantly white upper-middle class neighborhood with AR-15′s and AK-47′s strapped to their backs, do you think the people living there would feel safe?
16) If a criminal, in possession of a gun, walks into some place determined to commit a crime (robbery for example) and you’re openly carrying your weapon where they can see it – don’t you think you would be the first person they’d target?
17) Are you aware that no matter how much oil we drill here in the United States, almost all of it still gets sold on the open market to the highest bidder? “Drill baby drill” doesn’t make any sense unless we essentially nationalize all of our oil. Are you then suggesting we nationalize our oil?
18) In Iraq, Obama basically had 2 choices:
- Keep troops in Iraq indefinitely, costing trillions more over probably the next 10-20 years (because that’s how long it’s going to take to even try to establish real democracy in the country).
- Remove our troops, likely handing the country over to radical Islamic insurgents shortly after.
Which solution would you have had him choose to clean up Bush’s mess? Oh, all while reducing our deficit and listening to the vast majority of Americans who wanted us out of Iraq.
19) If a church wants to marry a gay couple, but state law prohibits gay marriage, how is that not a violation of their “religious freedoms”?
20) The United States has around 300-330 million guns (and growing) circulating within our neighborhoods, while gun violence continues to claim around 9,000 lives every year. How many guns will it take to decrease gun violence in America?
21) Explain to me how someone can enjoy their own personal “religious freedom” when they’re having to abide by laws and policies based on somebody else’s?
22) If guns make us safer, then why was one of the first things many law enforcement officials did in the 1800′s to curb violence in their towns (and most were successful) was to ban the carrying of firearms inside city limits?
23) If raising taxes on the rich equals dangerous socialism, how do you explain our very successful capitalism during the 40′s, 50′s and 60′s with much higher taxes?
24) If our deficits have drastically dropped in the last five years, how exactly has Obama drastically increased spending?
25) If this country was indeed founded to be a “Christian nation,” could you please explain which denomination?
Well there you have it folks, the “best of” edition of my 10 questions series. I hope you enjoyed it and that you’ll take at least a few of these questions with you into “battle” the next time you’re dealing with right-wing nonsense.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Rick Wilson Excoriates Trump Supporter: ‘Don’t You Dare Talk About Respect’ (Video) - March 17, 2018
- Everything Facebook’s Doing to Combat Fake News is Only Making the Problem Worse - March 16, 2018
- Fox News’ The Five Advocates Committing War Crimes, Denies Waterboarding is Torture (Video) - March 15, 2018