Donald Trump makes most of the headlines for his flamboyant and ignorant style in which he runs his campaign. Let’s face it, while most of us can’t stand Trump, his interviews are much more unpredictable and entertaining to watch than most.
But as I’ve said before, Trump is nowhere near the worst candidate running for president. Oh, no. That award goes to Sen. Ted Cruz.
Ted Cruz is someone who’s hated by practically everyone. He’s loathed by progressives and even despised by members of his own party. While he often tries to twist that disdain many feel about him as “the establishment being afraid of him,” the truth of the matter is, Cruz is a self-absorbed narcissist who I believe would have no problem watching the country reduce to rubble if he felt it would benefit his own ambitions.
Who does Ted Cruz represent? That’s simple: Only himself.
Since being elected a United States senator, his entire career has been based upon “governing” in such a way as to set up his current presidential run. When our government was shutdown in 2013, he was the one leading the charge to spearhead that debacle even though everyone who understood the least bit about government knew that his “goal” was unobtainable. Even other Republicans have called him out for selling American voters lies about things that were unrealistic, all for the sake of his own political career.
Then again, all he does is lie.
Only five percent – yes five percent – of the comments non-partisan fact-checking site Politifact has looked into have been deemed 100% “True.” Whereas 67 percent have been exposed as lies.
That is astonishing.
But even as divisive as he’s been, hated by practically everyone, he still has the gall to portray himself as someone who can “bring people together.” Give me a damn break.
Then again, Cruz is nothing but a snake oil salesman.
The general uneasy creepiness that Cruz brings with him is only trumped by the vile things he’s said and done over the years.
Take a look at this partial list:
- He tried to claim that the radical Christian domestic terrorist that shot up a Planned Parenthood was actually a transgender liberal activist. (No, that’s not a joke.)
- Twice he’s tried to exploit the graves of dead veterans to push an attack on President Obama that’s not based on any sort of reality known on this planet.
- He’s done interviews with the American Family Association, an organization classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- When the Jade Helm nonsense was going on, he was one of the members of Congress helping perpetuate the belief that people had a right to be concerned that this was, in fact, President Obama’s attempt to declare martial law and confiscate guns.
- He spoke incredibly highly of former Sen. Jesse Helms, saying we needed “100 more” like him. Yes, the same Sen. Helms who once called the University of North Carolina the “University of Negros and Communists,”; called the Civil Rights Act “dangerous,”; filibustered to try to prevent creating a federal holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr.; was known to go out of his way to try to block the appointment of African-American judges; was a supporter of South African apartheid. Oh, and in 1988, Helms openly blamed the AIDS epidemic on homosexuals.
- He recently tried to claim he had “lost” health care because of “Obamacare” – a statement his campaign eventually admitted wasn’t true.
- Despite the fact that military experts have routinely said that you can’t “carpet bomb” ISIS (because doing so would literally kill tens of thousands of innocent civilians), he continues to use the term in an effort to sound “tough on terror” when, in fact, by doing so he clearly shows that he has no idea what the hell he’s talking about.
- He referred to Hillary Clinton and the Democratic party as “bigots” for defending voting rights.
The list goes on and on.
As I’ve said before, Cruz is everything bad about Trump, plus a whole load of some of the most radical religious rhetoric you’ll hear from anyone. He wants the United States to be an evangelical Christian theocracy.
Fun Fact: His father once said there’s “no science” behind the theory of evolution and that “evolution and communism go hand in hand.”
So, while I’m sure Donald Trump will still continue to get most of the headlines, don’t discount how disastrous a “President Ted Cruz” would be for this country. Ted Cruz is, without a doubt, the most dangerous candidate in this race.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Rhetoric on DACA is a Textbook Example of How He Treats His Supporters Like Idiots - March 23, 2018
- Chris Cuomo Has Perfect Response When Kellyanne Conway Once Again Brings Up Clinton (Video) - March 23, 2018
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018