Despite Ted Cruz’s popularity among tea party conservatives, prior to his election in 2012, there were quite a few people within the leadership of the GOP in Texas who didn’t want to see him win. They felt that he was too extreme, too radical and would embarrass the party nationally.
In his short time in the Senate, Cruz has proved himself to be an absolute sideshow. He does nothing but regurgitate one talking point after another, with the vast majority of what he says being nothing but blatant lies. He has shown time and time again he couldn’t care less if what he’s saying is true or if it even makes sense, just as long as it’s what he thinks conservatives want to hear.
Well, during a speech in New Hampshire on Sunday, Cruz decided to utilize his usual brand of sensationalized propaganda and blatant fear-mongering to try to work up the crowd of conservative sheep in attendance. But this time, Cruz’s rhetoric was so outrageous that it literally horrified a little girl.
“It is now or never,” Cruz said. “I don’t think we’ve reached the point of no return yet. But we’re close. We are close! And I believe if we go four or eight more years on this same path, we risk losing the greatest country in the history of the world.”
“Millions of Americans are realizing this isn’t working,” he continued. “The Obama economy is a disaster. Obamacare is a train wreck. And the Obama-Clinton foreign policy of leading from behind, the whole world is on fire.”
That’s when the little girl, who isn’t shown on the video, apparently repeated Cruz’s line, asking, “The world is on fire?”
Now, a sane adult would see a child asking such a question and perhaps tone down their rhetoric after realizing they’ve most likely terrified that child – but not Cruz.
“Yes! Your world is on fire!,” he shouted – to the child.
It’s pretty bad when a political speech is so outrageous, and filled with such sensationalized propaganda, that it can literally frighten children. Especially when you look at what Cruz said and realize none of it was true.
Let’s look at his claims.
1) The Obama economy is a disaster: Considering 2014 was one of the best economic years in our nation’s history; stocks are at all-time highs; gas prices are low; unemployment has dropped to 5.5 percent; and we’ve created over 12 million private sector jobs in the last 5 years – to call this economy a “disaster” is just ridiculous. Hell, even John Boehner is struggling to use the economy against President Obama these days.
2) Obamacare is a train wreck: Considering our nation’s uninsured rate dropped in 2014, and two of the states that have benefitted most from the Affordable Care Act have been red states, this is just another line Cruz has been using for years that he’ll keep using in the future – no matter how successful the health care law becomes.
3) The world is on fire because of the Obama-Clinton foreign policy: First, Clinton hasn’t been Secretary of State for years. So it’s really embarrassing for him to be so desperate to take a shot at the likely Democratic nominee for president that he continues to act as if she’s still Secretary of State.
Secondly, the reason why the Middle East is in such chaos right now is due to the policies of the Bush administration that destabilized the entire region. Without the Iraq War, and the fact the Bush administration had absolutely no plan as to how to handle it, ISIS would not exist and much the Middle East wouldn’t be embroiled in chaos right now. So, if Cruz wants to blame anyone’s foreign policy, he needs to look at George W. Bush, not President Obama. Much of what this president has had to do since he was elected in 2008 has been cleaning up the messes caused by the incompetence of the administration that came before him.
Cruz is one of the best examples of how conservatives will literally vote for almost anyone, just as long as that person is willing to tell them what they want to hear. Even if that rhetoric is so inflammatory and outrageous that it has the ability to terrify the hell out of small children.
Watch his comments below via Raw Story:
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump Tweets One of the Most Absurd Things He’s Ever Claimed About Russia - February 21, 2018
- Dear Donald Trump: Yes, the Main Reason You Won is Because of Russia’s Help - February 20, 2018
- Fox News’ Smith Blasts Trump for Being Too Much of a Coward to Condemn Russia (Video) - February 19, 2018