This is the fifth installment in our weekly fact-check series “The 5 Worst Conservative Memes Of The Week.” For last week’s article, see here. The other remaining articles are linked at the bottom of this page.
For those of you who are seeing this for the first time, the idea behind the countdown is to spotlight the dumbest, most absurd, or downright horrible conservative memes that are floating around on social media. We also discuss the Facebook page or other social media accounts associated with them, as many of these images are used to advertise a website, petition, or political cause.
Again, if you are new here, this is the brief synopsis: Have you ever received those email forwards that tell you how people are putting HIV-loaded syringes on gas pump handles or that if you forward within 10 minutes, you will meet the person of your dreams? Yeah, it is that kind of rubbish designed to prey on the gullible or pull on your heartstrings – and in this case, it’s in the form of conservative memes.
With all of that out of the way, let’s get to the countdown.
5. Number five on our countdown comes from Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children. This image was only shared about 15 times, partly due to the fact that their page is really struggling right now after having been shut down twice, and the third incarnation of this racist page is a mere ghost of what it once was. Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children also faces accusations of fraud and other misconduct by a former associate who claims the owner has pocketed over half a million dollars from the operation, while failing to pay bills or send merchandise to customers.
The image attempts to illicit a reaction from their followers who believe the government is out to track their every move and put them in the mythical FEMA death camps. RFID or tracking chips is a very popular conspiracy story and a number of both far left and far right websites have run numerous articles on this subject. The story has been addressed by Snopes here, but looking at the continual spewing of hate rhetoric from Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children’s admins and writers, I wouldn’t be surprised if they and some of their fans are on a Secret Service watch list.
4. Last week I featured a particularly idiotic meme from the Facebook page “Conservative Lady” which represents the oddly named gopthedailydose.com website, and I figured that was the end of it. However, someone over there took severe offense to me pointing out how absolutely stupid their content was. This person decided to write an angry article about me personally which was then spammed to a bunch of conservative Facebook pages by a profile belonging to one “Amy B. Bobbitt” that listed herself as running the site. The article was removed at the time of the publication of this countdown, but here is a screenshot of how it looked when she posted it to my page. I’m glad she got a good photo of me.
So naturally, I had to post another one of their amazingly dumb images here, complete with their goofily worded copyright. Personally, if I was contributing to a site that looked like it was written, edited and designed by a racist 8-year-old who had siblings for parents, I wouldn’t want to advertise that was my work. But hey, whatever.
I believe that’s actually four words – “Honey, Obama’s been arrested” – but if they can’t even spell the name of our website properly, how can we even expect them to get this right?
Latest posts by Manny Schewitz (see all)
- It Looks Inevitable, Donald Trump Will Eventually Be The Republican Nominee - January 17, 2016
- Donald Trump Is Now Using Ted Cruz’s Canadian Birth Against Him - January 14, 2016
- Hillary Clinton’s False Statements On Bernie Sanders’ Healthcare Record Are Disgraceful - January 14, 2016
Pages: 1 2