I think most people saw this coming – President Obama will meet Pope Francis in Vatican City on March 27. While the meeting I’m sure won’t bring about anything “groundbreaking” in the way of headlines or news, I can almost assure you that the conservative freak-out leading up to this meeting will be ridiculous.
Heck, when President Obama simply quoted Pope Francis some right-wing media pundits lost it. Just imagine what they’ll be like leading up to an actual meeting between the two.
We’ve already had a Fox News editor call Pope Francis “the Catholic Church’s Obama” because:
- “Just like President Obama loved apologizing for America, Pope Francis likes to apologize for the Catholic Church.”
- “Just like Obama thought he’d won over Putin by promising a reset, Francis thinks by talking vacuously about the poor, he will be respected.”
- “Like Obama, Francis is unable to see the problems that are really endangering his people.”
- “Like Obama he mistakes the faithful for the enemy, the enemy for his friend, condescension for respect, socialism for justice and capitalism for tyranny.”
- “In trying to please the media and the modern world, Francis mistakes their glee for respect.”
Those are actual quotes from the article written by that particular editor.
Now just imagine if Pope Francis comes out speaking kind words about President Obama? It’ll be a couple of weeks worth (at least) of right-wing media pundits going absolutely insane.
They continue to move further and further toward an all-out assault on Pope Francis. Something I continue to warn them is not going to end well for the GOP.
It’s one thing to wage some kind of “war” against anything and everything President Obama – it’s quite another to attack the leader of the Catholic Church. Especially for a party which tries to paint itself as “the party for Christian principles.”
But now with these two men having a scheduled meeting, you can fully expect plenty of right-wing bashing both before and after it takes place.
As a writer, it’s great for business. As a human being, I’ll be disgusted and appalled by the sheer ignorance that many conservatives almost seem eager to display on a daily basis.
Either way, I’m really looking forward to seeing what might come out of the meeting between these two very powerful men. I think it’s a great thing when two powerful people come together to communicate and possibly share positive ideas.
Because no matter how powerful you are, or what position you might hold, we never stop learning – we never stop evolving.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017
- For the Second Time, Trump Accuses Family of Fallen Hero Sgt. La David Johnson of Lying - October 20, 2017