Let me phrase that differently….
Today, the Senate voted against something 90% of Americans support.
Democrats and Republicans might not agree on much, but if we can’t even pass legislation that a majority of both liberals and conservatives support—we’re screwed.
Imagine this for a moment. 100 people are gathered to tally a vote. The results of this vote show that by an overwhelming margin (90-10) they want a specific measure passed. The fate of this measure resides in the hands of 10 “committee members.” When this measure comes to the committee for a vote, it’s denied.
How in the hell does that make any sense?
I’ve yet to hear a single rational argument against universal background checks—not one. All I’ve heard is fear mongering and propaganda.
- No, I don’t care that it might make it slightly more inconvenient for some to buy guns
- No, I don’t care that expanded background checks might not prevent every single massacre where a gun is used
- No, I don’t care that this won’t prevent every criminal from obtaining a gun
If universal background checks can even prevent even one murder, one school shooting, one family not being devastated by violence—then it should pass right now—unanimously.
It’s a background check. What the hell do you have to fear? If you’re a law-abiding citizen, you’ll pass and get your gun. So please, shut up.
I’m sorry if you might have to fill out a piece of paper or online application, cry me a river—I don’t care.
The NRA proves exactly what biased lobbyists do to our government. Of course they oppose universal background checks, they’re funded by gun manufacturers. The more gun violence we have, and the more they push this notion that the solution to gun violence is more gun ownership, the higher their sponsors revenue spikes.
Facts show it, every time the NRA ratchets up their rhetoric, gun sales soar. And the gun rights puppets dance as their strings are pulled.
This vote against universal background checks proves one thing—Congress is broken and the NRA has proven that it’s more powerful than the will of 90% of Americans.
And that’s a damn shame.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017
- For the Second Time, Trump Accuses Family of Fallen Hero Sgt. La David Johnson of Lying - October 20, 2017