When it comes to the on-going investigations into whether or not Donald Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia, he’s tried to obstruct justice, or possibly committed any other crimes, there’s no shortage of outrageous conspiracies being pushed by this “president” and his supporters. To listen to these folks talk about all of this, you’d believe there was some “Democrat-driven deep state” working to bring down Trump’s presidency.
While under normal circumstances lunacy such as this would be dismissed and ridiculed (as it should be), unfortunately, we’re not dealing with normal circumstances. As of right now, there are millions of people all across this country who honestly believe there’s some sort of “deep state” working to remove Trump from office.
The problem for Trump and those who believe this nonsense is that simple, indisputable facts easily disprove the incredibly stupid things they want to believe are true.
That brings me to the one simple question I’d love to see Trump and all of his conspiracy-believing supporters answer about the Russia investigation: How many Republicans need to be in charge of an investigative process before you all stop claiming this is some “Democrat-led deep state conspiracy”?
Here are the facts as it stands now relating to those who’ve been involved in this process:
- James Comey, former FBI director. (Republican)
- Christopher Wray, current FBI director chosen by Trump. (Republican)
- Jeff Sessions, current attorney general chosen by Trump who recused himself from the Russia investigation. (Republican)
- Rod Rosenstein, current deputy attorney general chosen by Trump. (Republican)
- Robert Mueller, current special counselor overseeing Russia investigation, chosen by Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein. (Republican)
- Rep. Devin Nunes, House Intelligence Committee chairman. (Republican)
- Sen. Richard Burr, Senate Intelligence Committee chairman. (Republican)
- Current majority in the House of Representatives. (Republican)
- Current majority in the Senate. (Republican)
- Department of Justice. (Staffed by Trump, a Republican)
So, please, tell me how is this a “Democrat-led deep state” against Trump when Democrats don’t have anyone from the party in control of anything?
Seeing as Republicans are in charge of all of this, it is absolutely ridiculous that Trump and his supporters have the audacity to claim that Democrats are somehow behind some “deep state conspiracy” to remove him from power.
The truth is, this isn’t about who’s in charge of what or who currently has the power in our government. That’s why Trump’s taken to pushing conspiracies against his own Department of Justice. This is about the facts not being what Trump’s supporters want them to be. So, instead of admitting the truth, they’re desperately grasping at straws, buying into asinine conspiracies, just to avoid admitting that it’s looking likely the person they voted for is a traitor and a criminal.
Though it goes back to the one question I want all these folks to answer: How many Republicans need to be in charge of an investigative process before you all stop claiming this is some “Democrat-led deep state conspiracy”?
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Infrastructure Scam Amounts to a Massive Tax Hike on Poor & Middle Class Americans - February 18, 2018
- People Who Elected a Reality TV Star Want Athletes to Stop Discussing Politics - February 17, 2018
- Dear Trump Supporters: He Doesn’t Give a Damn About You - February 17, 2018