By now it’s essentially unanimous that most security experts (not alt-media bloggers or Trump supporters, but experts) believe that Russia is behind the recent hacks of Democratic officials that WikiLeaks has been releasing over the last few weeks. Judging by everything we know, it looks like the Russian government is actively trying to influence a presidential election in an effort to elect Donald Trump.
Well you can count former chess champion Garry Kasparov as someone who absolutely believes Russia is behind this.
“Absolutely,” Kasparov told CNN’s Jake Tapper when asked if he believed Russia was trying to help elect Trump.
“I don’t believe for a second that Trump was clean and they couldn’t find anything,” Kasparov added. “More likely, they had plenty but they decided to use it privately to good effect, whether we are talking about debts or blackmail.”
“Putin sees in Trump an ideal counterpart,” he continued. “Trump shows no respect for democracy or rule of law.”
For a little bit of background here, Kasparov fled Russia in 2013 to escape Putin’s regime.
I know what some of you might be saying: Why should we care what some Russian chess champion thinks?
That’s a valid question, but it’s not so much who said this as much as what Kasparov said that struck me.
While many people have felt Putin was trying to help elect Trump because he recognizing that he could easily manipulate and outsmart “The Donald,” it could go much deeper than that.
Let’s say for the sake of argument that Kasparov is right and Russia does have a lot of private information on Trump that they’re choosing not to release, hoping to use it later to possibly blackmail a “President Donald Trump.” What if Russian operatives hacked into information or emails from both campaigns and simply determined that what they found on Trump was much worse than anything they got on Clinton, thus giving them the belief that if he were to become president they could then use that information against him to get him to do what they wanted?
Heck, what if Trump already knows Russia has information on him and that’s why he’s been the most pro-Russia candidate this country has ever seen? This is someone who’s praised Vladimir Putin, continues to bash NATO, goes out of his way to cast doubt on the validity of our intelligence agencies saying Russia is behind these attacks and has had a close ally (Roger Stone) “predict” that John Podesta would soon be “in the barrel” — just weeks before his emails were publicly released by WikiLeaks.
After all, is there any rational or sane person in this country who doesn’t believe that if Trump knew Russia had something that would publicly embarrass him, or could even lead to his removal from office if he were elected, that he wouldn’t do whatever was in his best interests instead of the country’s as a whole?
While there’s no way to know any of this for certain, based on what we know, it does make a lot of sense.
Knowing the type of person we all know Trump is, Putin clearly understands that he’s someone prone to being influenced by blackmail or extortion if it avoided him public embarrassment. Especially as it pertains to information that could expose Trump to some kind of legal downfall or even lead to his removal from the White House if he were elected.
So, if at some point Putin had WikiLeaks use their backdoor channels to contact Trump’s close ally Roger Stone to let the GOP candidate know what they had — and that they also had information on Clinton they could use to possibly help him get elected — wouldn’t it make sense for Russia to try to help elect a puppet to do their bidding, all the while holding this information they had on him over his head so that, as president, he’d support policies that benefited Russia’s interests?
Again, while there’s no way to know for sure right now whether this is true, when you look at a lot of what’s gone on and continuing to happen, it does make a lot of sense:
- All signs point toward Russia being behind these attacks.
- Only information that’s attempting to hurts Democrats and Hillary Clinton is being released by WikiLeaks.
- Close Trump ally Roger Stone has admitted to having links to WikiLeaks and seemed to predict John Podesta’s leaked emails weeks before anyone knew the organization had them.
- Trump has been the most pro-Russian candidate in U.S. history, even going out of his way to cast doubt on our own security experts who’ve linked Russia with the hacks of the DNC and emails related to the Clinton campaign.
- Trump continues to refuse to release his tax returns, which could be an indication that he’s hiding some sort of shady connections he doesn’t want the public knowing about — possibly to Russia.
- A former campaign manager for Trump abruptly resigned after he was linked to pro-Russian groups that had been directly trying to undermine U.S. policy in Europe.
- All signs point to Russia directly trying to influence a presidential election with the specific intent to try to help elect one particular candidate: Donald Trump.
This is why, for a few months now, I’ve been saying these Russian links to all of this need to be a much bigger story. This isn’t just about Russia trying to annoy the United States, which would be bad enough. It’s about an alarming number of signs which seem to point toward a calculated effort by a crooked, corrupt and morally bankrupt authoritarian dictator in Vladimir Putin ordering his government to try to influence a presidential election so that the candidate he wants to get elected might become our next president.
And the question that should alarm every American in this country is: Why would he be trying to do this?
Because I can tell you this much, it sure as hell isn’t an effort to try to elect someone who might improve relations for the betterment of the two nations. Russia’s efforts to influence our election seem solely focused on trying to elect a president who’d be best for Russia’s best interests — not ours.
That could very well be because Putin has information that he was hoping he’d be able to use as blackmail against a “President Trump” because the Russian president knows that Trump’s the type of arrogant and spineless coward who’d sell the country out just to protect his own massive ego from having that information made public.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump Calls Sgt. Johnson’s Widow a Liar Within Minutes of Her Confirming He Disrespected Her Husband (Video) - October 23, 2017
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017