When it comes to the Republicans and Donald Trump, one thing that often blows my mind is the absolute hypocrisy I see from millions of conservative voters in regards to their support for a candidate like him. They let Trump get by with things that, if President Obama or Hillary Clinton did them, they would relentlessly attack them for doing.
It pains me to admit that Trump is right about anything, but he was absolutely spot-on when he said his supporters were mindless sheep who would support him even if he were to commit murder on Fifth Avenue.
So, in the spirit of this hypocrisy from Republicans, I thought I’d list a few things they would be flipping out about if President Obama or Hillary Clinton did them, yet don’t seem to mind it when Donald Trump does them.
1. He changes his mind on policies whenever the heck he feels like it: While some on the left like to accuse Hillary Clinton of being a “flip-flopper” because she’s changed her mind or evolved on a few issues over time, Trump takes this to a whole other level. From his proposed ban on all Muslims, to his stance on torture and even abortion rights — he’s been all over the place on where he actually stands on many key issues. Then again, this is someone who literally said that voters should take everything he says as nothing but a “suggestion,” not an actual promise.
2. Blatantly using and disrespecting veterans: A couple of years ago the right-wing media lost its mind after President Obama dared to salute two Marines while holding a cup of coffee in his hand. So, could you imagine their reaction if either he or Hillary Clinton said that they don’t consider military POWs American heroes because they like people who weren’t captured? Then to find out later (after they had used veterans as political props to hide the fact they were too scared to face a moderator during a presidential debate) that the money they had spent months bragging about raising for veterans groups wasn’t as much as they had claimed it was — and most of it hadn’t been paid out yet?
3. Parading out their five kids from three different marriages: It is rather comical the party that constantly claims it fights for “Christian values” and the “sanctity of marriage” has, as its presidential candidate, someone who’s had at least one affair, has been divorced twice, is on his third marriage and has five kids from three different women. There’s absolutely no way the GOP would let President Obama or Hillary Clinton get away with that. The right-wing media would label them as unstable individuals with poor family values and morals.
4. Saying Saddam Hussein had some good qualities: Imagine President Obama or Hillary Clinton saying that Hussein was a bad guy, but he wasn’t completely awful because he did kill terrorists. Well, that’s exactly what Trump said about the former Iraqi dictator.
5. Speaking highly and complimentary of Russian President Vladimir Putin: I really never thought I’d see a time in my life where a Republican presidential candidate could openly heap praise on an ex-KGB agent turned borderline Russian dictator and the party would seemingly be okay with it. But you know things have gone completely off the rails when praising a Russian president/murderous dictator makes you more popular among Republican voters — while speaking highly of our own president makes you less popular.
6. Saying that a federal judge couldn’t do their job ethically and legally because of their race/ethnicity/gender: Imagine for a moment the Republican reaction to President Obama saying that he felt a white federal judge wouldn’t be fair to him because of the color of his skin, or Clinton suggesting that a male judge wouldn’t treat her fairly because she’s a woman. Do you think they would have been okay with that? Well, that’s what Trump said about a federal judge of Mexican heritage just a few weeks before he officially become the GOP’s presidential candidate.
7. Made jokes about reports that the Russian government was targeting our country in an effort to influence our presidential election… then openly encouraged foreign governments to commit espionage against Americans: Something tells me President Obama or Hillary Clinton making jokes about the Russian government trying to influence who becomes our next president, while also publicly encouraging espionage against Americans, probably wouldn’t go over too well with Republicans or the right-wing media. Well, Trump did exactly that.
8. His Twitter tirades: While both President Obama and Hillary Clinton tweet, Donald Trump throws full-blown hissy fits on Twitter like a petulant teenager with the vocabulary of a 9-year-old. If either Obama or Clinton behaved like he does on Twitter, Fox News and the Republican party would be having a field day with it, saying their unhinged social media temper tantrums proved that they weren’t fit to be Commander in Chief.
9. Claiming to oppose trade agreements while having a lot of their company’s products made overseas: It’s astonishing to me that Donald Trump has based a big part of his campaign on how awful trade agreements have been for American workers — while a lot of his company’s products are made overseas. There’s absolutely no way the right-wing media or the GOP would let President Obama or Hillary Clinton get away with that massive hypocrisy.
10. Not releasing tax returns: While Donald Trump supporters will jump through hoops to defend the fact that he continues to refuse to release his tax returns (something every presidential candidate from both parties has done for the last 40+ years), if it were President Obama or Hillary Clinton doing the same thing, Republicans would be going absolutely ballistic.
I’ll go ahead and stop there, however, I think I’ve made my point — even though I barely scratched the surface with this. There’s a seemingly endless list of vile and hypocritical things Donald Trump has said or done that Republicans would be losing their minds over if President Obama or Hillary Clinton did them.
Yet, it seems like no matter what he says or does, no matter how despicable, he only becomes even more popular with millions of Republican voters.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017
- For the Second Time, Trump Accuses Family of Fallen Hero Sgt. La David Johnson of Lying - October 20, 2017