The biggest problem (among many) that I see with Trump supporters is that these are millions of people who’ve proven that they’re not dedicated to our Constitution, other Americans, or even our military — they’re beholden to Trump, and no one else.
Here’s an actual quote from a Trump supporter on the possibility that he colluded with Russia:
If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, ‘Hold on a second. I need to check with the President if it’s true.’
Since his campaign launched over two years ago I’ve seen his supporters turn on friends, family members, favorite athletes, teams, sports, and practically anyone and everyone who dares to stand up to and call out Trump. I’ve never seen anything like it. Sure, I’ve seen heated political battles, but I’ve never seen a situation where friends and family are basically disowning one another because of Trump.
It’s absolutely insane.
Staunch conservatives such as Charlie Sykes, Rick Wilson, Nicolle Wallace, Ana Navarro, George Will, and Bill Kristol have been met with threats, bullying and attacks, and have been outcast by many on the right, not because their values or views have changed all that much, but because they dared to call out Trump’s bullshit, propaganda, incompetence, and lies.
If you’re an elected official who refuses to serve as Trump’s subordinate, doing whatever he tells you to do, then you’re “part of the establishment working against him.”
For Trump’s supporters, it’s always a conspiracy against him. Unless you’re telling them exactly what they want to hear — which is that Trump’s the best “president” ever — then you’re likely part of some “deep state conspiracy working against making America great again!”
Time after time, most of Trump’s supporters have proven that they’ll believe practically anything he tells them, no matter how absurd, while never holding him accountable for anything.
Not too long ago many folks used to wonder how a madman like Adolf Hitler was able to rise to power. Well, I think we now understand how that happened. He was supported by brainwashed ignorant individuals who were easily fooled and manipulated by pushing nationalism, tribalism, nativism, hate, fear, and vilifying certain groups of people as “the enemy” to their way of life.
While many have called for Trump’s impeachment, I’m not sure they’re truly grasping what the ramifications of that would be. To remove Trump from office, a man who’d undoubtedly try to burn it all to the ground on his way out, would be a nightmare.
If Robert Mueller’s investigation turns up indisputable evidence of criminal activity committed by Trump and his campaign, it won’t matter to most of his supporters. If congressional investigations, along with the FBI’s investigation, prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia, it’s not going to make a difference to millions of people.
This is what many people need to realize: As long as it meant that Trump won, his supporters didn’t care if he committed crimes, including possible treason, or colluded with Russia.
I absolutely believe if Trump came out and said he worked with Putin to defeat Clinton, most of his supporters would cheer and applaud that. In their minds, nothing is worse than electing a Democrat. Especially Hillary Clinton.
If you doubt me, look no further than Alabama where millions of conservatives, not just within the state, but all over the country — including Trump — seem fine with supporting and voting for an alleged child molester just as long as that means a Democrat loses.
So, does anyone reading this really think they care if Trump colluded with Russia to defeat Clinton — someone whom many of them actually believe is evil incarnate?
While Russia, North Korea, ISIS, and all of our enemies might want to see the United States betray our values, rip itself apart, and crumble — Trump’s supporters are doing that to this country from within.
These folks are buying into outrageous conspiracies, lies, and fascist-like propaganda from a “president” who’ll sit there with a straight face and:
- Tell you that you’re “fake news” for quoting him verbatim.
- Attack others who’ve been accused of sexual harassment and/or assault while acting as if 16 women he’s called “liars” haven’t called him out for doing many of the same things to them.
- Claim he respects women during the same remarks where he endorses and defends a man accused of sexually assaulting females as young as 14.
- Deny that he plays golf a lot despite the indisputable evidence that he’s spent a good portion of his “presidency” doing just that.
- Claim he’s all about “America first,” yet still hasn’t moved any of his company’s manufacturing jobs to the United States.
- Call every negative report about him or his administration fake, even as corroborating reports surface later proving that they were, in fact, real.
- Say he has nothing but respect for our military and our veterans even though he’s belittled POWs, attacked a Gold Star family, lied to a father of fallen soldier about sending him a $25k check (he finally sent it after the media called him out), and called a Gold Star widow and her family liars.
- Brag about the very same economic numbers that just about a year ago he called “fake” and “phony.”
- Say his tax plan doesn’t benefit him, even though overwhelming evidence proves that it most definitely will.
- Never admit he makes any mistakes, while taking credit for things he had little or nothing to do with.
- Spend nearly every morning whining on social media about what he sees on cable news, while claiming he barely watches television.
The list goes on and on of preposterous nonsense Trump says and does that his supporters blindly believe like the mindless sheep he called them nearly two years ago.
I’m not going to say that Trump supporters are dangerous in the same way that Russia, North Korea, or ISIS is dangerous. Obviously that wouldn’t be a fair or accurate way to present this argument.
That said, I view them as a bigger threat overall because, not only are there millions of them here, within our borders, but they’ve proven that their loyalties aren’t in line with the Constitution, our freedoms, our democracy, our military, or anything else — their loyalties are with an unhinged, neurotic madman whose only focus in life is doing whatever he feels serves his own self interests the most.
Trump supporters don’t care if he trashes the First Amendment, Congress, our system of checks and balances, our Third Branch of government, U.S. intelligence agencies, our allies, the U.N., or even his own party.
They simply don’t care.
The only things they care about or believe when it comes to politics are the delusions of Donald J. Trump. In the minds of his supporters, anyone who stands in his way, calls him out, exposes him for the fraud he is, or simply tells the truth about his incompetence is Enemy #1.
And that’s a terrifying reality to face in this country.
Watch the video of the Trump supporter’s comments from above via CNN:
Trump voter panelist: "If Jesus Christ gets down off the cross and told me Trump is with Russia, I would tell him, 'Hold on a second. I need to check with the President if it's true.'" pic.twitter.com/4f8bXkXzhY
— New Day (@NewDay) November 20, 2017
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Republican Senator Slams Trump’s Latest Attempt to Discredit the FBI - January 23, 2018
- Ted Cruz Just Got Busted Telling One of the Most Outrageous Lies He’s Ever Told - January 23, 2018
- Donald Trump’s the Punchline to a Joke the World is Using to Laugh at & Mock the U.S. - January 23, 2018