Nothing I can say to help prove the point of this headline would be nearly as effective as simply letting Donald Trump prove my point for me. So I’ve decided I’m going to concede most of this article to doing nothing more than using Trump’s own words to prove that he’s the most un-American president in this country’s history.
“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” — Donald Trump when asked if he felt Sen. John McCain, a Vietnam veteran who was caught and brutally tortured fighting for this country, was an American hero.
“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there – it’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier,” — Donald Trump in a 1997 interview with Howard Stern comparing his sex life to what veterans of the Vietnam War experienced.
“I think it was disgraceful that the intelligence agencies allowed any information that turned out to be so false and fake. That’s something that Nazi Germany would have done and did.” – Donald Trump talking about the infamous Steele dossier (intelligence the CIA felt was credible enough to brief both he and Barack Obama about back in January), comparing the U.S. intelligence community — which includes the military — to Nazis.
“When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of the folks in the room have seen many times over, and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it,” — Donald Trump saying that veterans who suffer from PTSD simply aren’t “strong” enough to handle what they experience in a war. In other words, calling those who do suffer from PTSD after returning from fighting for this country, “weak.”
Back in July, while on foreign soil, Trump continued to undermine the credibility of U.S. intelligence agencies, once again calling into question their assertion that Russia was behind the cyber attack against our election, while criticizing former President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — yet refused to say a single negative thing about Russian President Vladimir Putin. Yes, that was a current “president” trashing his predecessor, a former Secretary of State, and the U.S. intelligence community on foreign soil, while refusing to say anything negative about the country that attacked us. This was seen as unprecedented for a current “president” to speak negatively about Americans, especially a former president and U.S. intelligence agencies, on foreign land.
“And I said, ‘Man, that’s like big stuff. I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.” — Donald Trump, again a draft dodger who never served in the military, telling a story where a veteran handed him his Purple Heart — a metal given to soldiers who’ve been wounded or killed in combat.
“I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me.” — Donald Trump, a draft-dodger who never served in the military, claiming to know more about fighting terrorism than our military generals.
“26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?” — Donald Trump tweeting that women should have expected sexual assaults to rise when they decided to mix men and women in the military.
After Gold Star parents of a fallen American hero who died fighting in Iraq criticized Trump for not making sacrifices, alluding to their son giving his life for this country, Trump responded by mocking their accusation, suggesting that Hillary Clinton told them to say that, then claimed he had, too, made sacrifices because he works “very, very hard.” Because it’s very respectful of our military, our veterans, and those who made the ultimate sacrifice for Trump to compare his career as a businessman — to those who’ve died in combat.
In May, while speaking to NATO, Trump refused to endorse the United States’ commitment to the mutual-aid clause (Article 5) of NATO which says that if one member is attacked all allies must come to their aid.
After months of claiming he had donated $1 million to various veterans groups, The Washington Post uncovered the fact that he hadn’t actually given them any money. It wasn’t until after they ran that story that Trump finally gave veterans the money he had spent the months prior bragging about donating.
In July, Trump announced that he was going to ban transgender Americans from being allowed to serve in the military. This instantly put into doubt the futures of the thousands of transgender men and women who are currently serving in the military, while also denying many other brave transgender men and women who’d want to serve their country — something Trump never did — the right to do so.
So, Trump supporters, spare me your fake outrage over players kneeling during the National Anthem. When you voted for and/or support someone who:
- Belittled the war record of a legitimate American hero, and all POWs in the process.
- Compared his sex life to what Vietnam veterans experienced.
- Compared U.S. intelligence agencies — which includes the Air Force, Marines, Army, and Navy — to Nazis.
- Said that members of our military and veterans who suffer from PTSD simply aren’t “strong” enough to deal with the rigors of war.
- While on foreign soil, continued to cast doubt on the credibility of U.S. intelligence, while criticizing a former president and Secretary of State — all while refusing to say a negative word about an enemy that attacked us.
- Claimed that he “always wanted to get a Purple Heart,” a medal given to soldiers who’ve been wounded or killed in combat.
- Said he knows more about ISIS than our generals do.
- Suggested women should have known that wanting to be treated equally in the military, they were opening themselves up for more instances of sexual assault.
- Compared the “sacrifices” he’s made as a businessman with those of Gold Star parents whose son died fighting for this country in Iraq.
- Refused to publicly commit the United States to honoring our decades-long agreement with our NATO allies to protect them should any be attacked.
- Spent months lying and bragging about money he claimed to have already given to veterans groups, only for The Washington Post to discover that he hadn’t given them anything. Then it was only after they exposed the fact he had spent months lying about donating this money that Trump finally wrote them a check.
- Disrespected thousands of transgender members of our military, as well as veterans who’ve put their lives on the line fighting for their country, by signing an order banning future transgender Americans from being able to serve their country, while instantly creating doubt over the futures of those who are currently serving.
You damn sure don’t get to question anyone’s patriotism.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017