I’ve decided to do a feature column where I go through some of the articles I’ve written for the previous week and post some of the best Republican/conservative (or as some call them “right-wing troll”) comments. The way this will work is that I’ll post the link to the article where the comment was found either on the article itself or from one of my Facebook pages (Right Of A Cliff or Forward Progressives) then post the 5 most ridiculous comments I find.
Though I’m going to do my best to stay away from the absolutely absurd, I’m sure many reading these comments will still believe most of these people are insane. Trust me, these won’t be the worst, just some of the better ones I ran across.
I’m hoping this will give people some insight as to what people who are in this “business” actually deal with, display just how ignorant many of these people who make these comments are and provide a little bit of entertainment as well. As I’m sure you’ll see, many of the comments I read would make for pure comedy gold if the people saying them weren’t dead serious.
But I’ll be clear, I know “trolling” isn’t just confined to Republicans. I’m well aware of the “left-wing trolls” who represent the far left reaches of the liberal movement and are often as misinformed as their right-wing counterparts. But the biggest difference I see between the two is that the left-wing radicals aren’t running Democrats–whereas right-wing radicals are taking over the Republican Party. Though, of course, to these misinformed right-wing fanatics, President Obama and most Democrats are left-wing radicals.
I apologize for grammar, spelling or sentence format. I’m pasting these comments exactly how they were posted. Any thoughts from me will be after the comment and in bold so you know it’s my response.
- USA is today what it is Thanks to the brave men that use their guns to overthrown the UK…but let me ask this…is the a UK page that it is still hurt about loosing a war with a bunch of terrorist?
- Like a good communist. Only take an half truth and make it a fact. The whole thing reads….Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.
By been giving money and supporting the enemy,,ie..anybody that is part of the muslin brotherhood…it is a treason to USA and should be treated as a terrorist…Stop confusing, brainwashing and changing history for you own benefit…if you love to be a gun free zone garbage troll…go to Cuba…they have and free health care… good luck idiot!
- Just Remember This! Hitler didn’t appoint himself, he was voted in……..End of story!
- Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort…. you just described your illegal alien criminally occupying the oval office..
- Just read your pathetic anti-2nd amendment article. You have no clue what the Constitution or what the Founding Fathers wanted! “A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined, But They Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, WHICH WOULD INCLUDE THEIR OWN GOVENRMENT!” – GEORGE WASHINGTON (For the record, Washington never said this. He did however say this: A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.)
Actually there are a ton of ridiculous comments on this article. Apparently a conservative blog or Facebook page posted it so it brought quite a few right-wing trolls to spout off their “Constitutional knowledge.” I simply didn’t post most of them because it would have been pages long. The last comment I listed was taken from one of these “trolls” and gives you a good example of the information they were “armed” with — of course, most of it being completely inaccurate.
- zero basis of truth to back up the title of this article…. headlines but nothing factual has been presented… (For the record, the article about “Obamacare” and jobs [where this comment was taken] was linked to Politifact and their fact check which proves the title of the article.)
- this article is a blatant LIE! STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!! GROW UP!! (Again, same fact-checked article)
- There are lies, damned lies, and ‘Progressive’ statistics (Again, same fact-checked article)
- what a damn lie. even liberal media has been saying they are part time jobs. dumb dumb dummies (Again, same fact-checked article)
- By criticizing those that go to church, you simply reveal the guilt, sin and insecurity in your own heart.
- Dear “Irreligious Left”.we know that! What else ya got?
- Yep…kinda reminds one about the teaching of Jeremiah Wright….uh oh..
- True Christians will be known soon by whether they deny Jesus under threat of beheading by a muslim sword or one of the 30,000 gillotines DHS purchased, simple as that.
- Standard procedures for liberals. Church is where they learn and practice name calling!
I’m going to go ahead and wrap it up there for this week.
I do hope this weekly feature will go to show many of us just how much misinformation is out there, and emphasize how important it is for all of us to work harder than ever to try to ensure facts represent our nation—not partisan myths.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- I’d Like to Address Mike Huckabee’s Laughable Insistence that Women Should Admire His Daughter (Video) - December 14, 2017
- Like the Spineless Coward That He is, Paul Ryan Appears Ready to Run Away and Hide From Trump - December 14, 2017
- Former British PM Rips ‘Dangerous’ Trump, Mocks Him for Needing Russia’s Help to Get Elected - December 13, 2017